AP4 supports G20 Energy Efficiency Investor Statement
G20 Energy Efficiency Investor Statement
As our contribution to the work of the G20 Energy Efficiency Finance Task Group, as managers and investors, we share a common understanding of the positive economic and societal benefits of energy efficiency. In order to ensure that our activities promote and support energy efficiency, and in consideration of our fiduciary responsibility. We recognize the need to fully embed energy efficiency into our investment process.
We, the undersigned, undertake to:
1. Embed material energy efficiency considerations into the way in which we evaluate companies;
2. Include energy efficiency as an area of focus when we engage with companies;
3. Take into consideration energy efficiency performance, to the extent relevant to the proposal being considered, when we vote on shareholder proposals.
4. To the extent relevant, incorporate energy efficiency investment considerations when we select managers;
5. Assess our existing real estate assets and managers and monitor and report on their energy efficiency performance;
6. Seek appropriate opportunities to increase energy efficiency investments in our portfolios.