AP4 Received an award for best Long-Term Investment Strategy
Investment & Pension Europe (IPE) awarded AP4 the price, IPE Gold Award – Long-term Investment Strategy.
AP4 was nominated in five different categories:
- Long-term Investment Strategy
- Best Pension Fund of the Year
- Best Pension Fund Sweden
- Sovereign Fund
- Climate Related Risk Management
AP4 received an award in the category "Long-term Investment Strategy".
The motivation was:
Demonstrates a real appreciation of what long-term investing is about.
Clear, simple and strong investment philosophy and strategy based on:
- High equity content (60%)
- LT investment horizon (40 year) allowing for annual volatility
- Priority given to sustainability (Corporate governance and climate change)
- Very low operating cost ( 6bp)
- This is validated by the excellent average annual return achieved over the last 10 years (6.8%)
Strong real returns, managing short versus long term risk profile, harvesting liquidity premiums.
Impressive focus on long term strategy, excellent long term results. To maintain a return of over 9.7% over 5 years is an excellent performance.