- Fund capital totalled SEK 175.7 billion at 30 June 2009, SEK 11.0 billion more than at 31 December 2008.
- The net profit was SEK 12.7 billion (–18.2) for the period, corresponding to a total return on assets of 7.9% (–8.7) before expenses. Total return after operating expenses including commission expenses was 7.8% (–8.8).
- The return on the listed equity portfolio was 8.5% (–9.0) before expenses. The active return on listed assets equalled 1.0 percentage point (–0.2).
- For the past five years, AP4 has delivered an average annual return of 3.6%, corresponding to a real annual return of 2.1%.
- Currency exposure was 14.5% at 30 June.
Commenting on the Fund’s performance in the first half, AP4’s CEO Mats Andersson says:
- Considering our previous weak performance, I am extremely pleased to report that our active management during the period produced a gain of almost SEK 1.5 billion, more than twice as much as the Fund’s interim goal of outperforming the index by an average of 0.4 percentage point annually. I am pleased that all management areas achieved gains.